Written by Rachael Sherman
On Jan. 27, Part and Sum’s director of strategy Jim Babb hosted a webinar to explain iOS 14’s privacy changes that will fundamentally impact digital marketing, especially on Facebook.
- iOS 14’s App Tracking Transparency policy begins on Feb. 16.
- We expect 85% to 90% of iOS users will opt out of tracking when prompted to do so.
- Opting out will prevent an IDFA (unique device identifier for advertisers) from being created.
- Advertisers will see impacts on targeting, conversion measurements, and optimization.
- There are big changes coming to Facebook Ads Manager, largely as a result of personalized data loss.
- Checklist: integrate Conversions API, rethink the acquisition funnel, prioritize owned channels and first-party data, get ready to experiment and learn.
Download the full slide deck here, or watch the webinar here.